We're here to support each other on the difficult path of awakening.
Our location and schedule
The Bluegum Sangha meets 7PM – 9PM at our venue in Sydney's lower North Shore, as listed on our schedule.
- At 7PM the sangha opens. People settle in and take a seat for the night’s meditation.
- At 7:15PM the meditation begins. The meditation is typically for 30 minutes, unguided and silent, unless indicated otherwise on our schedule.
- At 7:45PM there are short announcements about upcoming dharma workshops and retreats, followed by a tea break.
- At 8PM the scheduled talk or discussion begins. This is usually a dharma talk from a teacher or guest speaker, or a discussion in which you will have the opportunity to reflect on your practice.
- Between 9:00PM and 9:15PM the evening ends with a 1 minute silent meditation.
There is a $5 fee to help cover the venue costs, plus voluntary dana (generosity), which is offered to the night’s teacher.
Your company is very welcome!
You are very welcome to attend on any Thursday night. New and experienced meditators alike, we’re here to support your practice.
If you are new to meditation, our schedule offers guided meditation nights with introductory instructions. We are also happy to recommend beginners' courses and workshops.
Please feel welcome to get in touch using the form below. If you have any questions, or just want to introduce yourself prior to attending, we’d love to hear from you!