We're here to support each other on the difficult path of awakening.
Our location and schedule
The Bluegum Sangha meets 7PM – 9PM every Tuesday night at the Iyengar Yoga Centre in Neutral Bay, Sydney.
- At 7.00PM the sangha opens. People settle in and take a seat for the night’s meditation.
- At 7:15PM the 45 minute meditation begins. The meditation is unguided and silent, unless indicated otherwise on our schedule.
- At 8:00PM there are short announcements about upcoming dharma workshops and retreats, followed by a tea break.
- At 8:15PM the scheduled talk or discussion begins. This is usually a dharma talk from a teacher or guest speaker, or a sangha member-led discussion.
- Between 9:00PM and 9:15PM the evening ends with a 1 minute silent meditation.
There is a $5 fee to help cover the venue costs, plus voluntary dana (generosity), which is offered to the night’s teacher.
Your company is very welcome!
You are very welcome to attend on any Tuesday night. New and experienced meditators alike, we’re here to support your practice.
As our meditations are typically unguided and silent, some prior familiarity with meditation is advised. We are happy to recommend beginners' courses and workshops if you are interested in learning to meditate. For example several Beginners Meditation Courses are held on Friday evenings at our venue throughout the year.
If you are new to the dharma, our schedule lists evenings that are suitable for those unfamiliar with Buddhist terminology.
Please feel welcome to get in touch using the form below. If you have any questions, or just want to introduce yourself prior to attending, we’d love to hear from you!